Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog 8: Old Time Radio

I do believe that I would have enjoyed listening to old time radio shows.  Especially during a time when there was no television, this form of entertainment would have have been a great way for a family to get together and enjoy something together.  I especially enjoyed the western shows and though most were the stereotypical western plots, I enjoyed them.  It was also quite different to have to picture the plot and settings of the stories in your head as it is being told but that was also somewhat refreshing to put myself in the shoes of people that also had to do that when radio was all they had.  The overall experience was enjoyable but nowadays I think I would rather watch an old western on television if it was available.  I listened to several different genres and felt generally the same way about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment