Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog 7: Napster vs. Itunes

I am definitely partial to Itunes.  I have owned an ipod for several years and have plenty on tracks and even movies on it.  I have limited experience with Napster besides back in the days when you could download tracks for free.  In regards to the pro's and con's of either company and their products I am on Apples side with Itunes.  Phillip Winn commented in his blog on this issue about his disinterest in paying $9.95 a month to rent tracks that you may have had to pay 99 cents for as well and then not have possession of them if you happen to stop your subscription.  The difference in that and Itunes is that no matter what you still own the track after you purchase it.  That is a very important aspect to me and the inconvenience of another monthly bill (especially a 10 dollar one just to rent the tracks I downloaded that month) is not worth it at all.  Other pluses like the 4 extra free tracks from Itunes every month and the convenience of being able to do whatever you want with the tracks that you own outweigh Napsters methods 10 to 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment